CASTING CALL FOR "LUZ Y TINIEBLAS" FILM
Casting Call for McAllen, Texas Feature Film "Luz y Tinieblas"
Posted By: Paul Bright
Filed Under:Casting/Crew Calls
Casting Call for McAllen, Texas MiniDV Independent Feature Film "Luz y Tinieblas"
Production Title: Luz y Tinieblas
Project Type: Feature Film
Project Format: MiniDV
Production Location: McAllen, Texas
Shooting Schedule: 5 days a week for approx 2months
Producer: Carlos Ecaymuzquiz / Cristy Ecaymuzquiz
Writer: Carlos Ecaymuzquiz / Cristy Ecaymuzquiz
Director: Carlos Ecaymuzquiz / Cristy Ecaymuzquiz
Synopsis: This is a Christian family film in the Spanish language that will be produced in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. It is the continuation of our feature film titled "El Diablo me da Risa".
The devil doesn't give up with his attacks on a local pastor and towns people, but this time things will get really ugly before they get any better. It's been about three years since we last saw our friends and heard their stories. This time, we are introduced to new characters and difficult situations that the devil causes both personally and indirectly.
- Esteban Male, Age From: 25 To 30 Years. The local pastor's eldest son. Has a history of being in a gang, then leaving gang for military. He comes to repentance and returns home to help his family when least expected just as things were going from bad to worse in church and town.
- Demon Male or Female, Age From: 18 To 40 Years The Devil's right hand informant…causes and sets up chaos in the town and church.
- Javier Male, Age From: 20 To 30 Years Works for the local gang leader who hires him to be an undercover christian to obtain information…he has a wife and young son and because of them, he will soon face an unexpected challenge that could cost him the life of his family.
- Rosaura FeMale, Age From: 20 To 30 Years Javier's wife. She has no idea what her husband is involved in but she has a feeling that he's in something dangerous and wants things to change. She conciders her prayers answered when Javier says that he'd like to go to church. Minor role.
- Luis Male, Age From: 3 To 7 Years Luisito, is Javier and Rosaura's only son. He was named after his grandfather. very minimal role.
- Male Soldiers Males, Age From: 18 To 40 Years Minor role, friends and fellow soldiers with Esteban.
- Male gang members/trouble makers Males, Age From: 16 To 28 Years Minor role. Trouble makers in town. Please know that more roles will be available at the auditions and information will be provided then.
- Gang members/ trouble makers Females, Age From: 16 To 28 Years Minor role. Trouble makers in town. Please know that more roles will be available at the auditions and information will be provided then.
- F.B.I. agents/police/medics Any Gender, Age From: 18 To 40 Years Minor roles.
- Armandina Torres Female, Age From: 18 To 40 Years Antagonist. Wants to destroy the local church and the pastors family because she holds Esteban the pastors son responsible for her brother's death.
Other/Additional Compensation: Film Credit, DVD Copy
Meals/Lodging/Transportation Provided: Meals, Snacks and Beverages
Production Company: Rookie Films
Film/Production Company Website:www.RookieFilmsOnline.com
*Email Your Casting Submissions To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Notes for Potential Cast/Crew: Must read/speak Spanish. Must be willing to travel and cover own expenses if not living in Rio Grande Valley. Serious people only. This is a Christian film. Production is scheduled to begin in late August/September. Voluntary work. If not living in the Rio Grande Valley, person(s) must read and speak Spanish, and be willing to travel and cover own expenses. Only food/snacks and water will be provided on location during production. Person(s) interested in this production must attend auditions in August. Address information will be provided via email.
Audition Date: August 04, 2012
Audition Location/Address: Info will be sent via email
Editor's Note: This call has not been edited from its original submission. The formatting may have been amended slightly to meet our posting layout, but the content; the words, grammar, mechanics and all, has been posted as it was submitted to Short Film Texas. We believe the devil is in the details and the sub-text of a call, not just the text itself, can provide valuable insight into a film production and its filmmakers. We hope that this policy will help you in making your decision to submit to this call.